Broken Secrets

Friday, May 06, 2005

Star Wars....The Power of Goodbye and the End of School

Hello! How is everyone! Well, the semester is finally winding down and we're now in our last few weeks of school. If the strike hadn't happened, however, we would probably be getting out around now. Oh well, next spring.

Anywayz, I've been obsessing with Star Wars ever since I found out about the third movie! I'm currently watching A New Hope and soon will be watching Empire and ROTJ (Return of the Jedi). I've already watched TPM (The Phantom Menace) and AOTC (Attack of the Clones). I personally love TPM, only because the extremely sexy Ewan McGregor plays my fave character Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Which by the way is going to be my new layout! HEEEEEEEE!!!!! :)

ROTS, Revenge of the Sith is the third movie if you haven't found that out by now. And......I HAVE TICKETS!!!! Muwahahaha!!! Fandango is da bomb!!! Seriously, if you want to save yourself the agony of waiting in what is to be extremely long lines, GO TO FANDANGO!!! It will save you lots of time and money! (well, maybe not money....$40 bucks for the 4 of us!)

Here's my ticket:



I'm hoping to hang out with Rachel, next Friday before she leaves for Canada. :( *crosses fingers*

And, while I've been going to school, riding the train, I've been reading SW books and studying of course, but also I've been listening to Madonna's "The Power of Goodbye" on repeat. Not only because it's an extremely good song, but because a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..............................................

*crickets chirping*

Ok, I better stop that, LOL!

--continues, but because a long time ago, probably when I was a soph in HS, I started writing an SW fanfic that had to do with this song. It got deleted though because my computer crashed about 3 times since then because of viruses and stuff like that. Obi/Qui-Gon mush!!!!



Anywayz, I thought I'd share the lyrics:

The Power of Goodbye
Madonna

Your heart is not open so I must go
The spell has been broken, I loved you so
Freedom comes when you learn to let go
Creation comes when you learn to say no

You were my lesson I had to learn
I was your fortress you had to burn
Pain is a warning that something's wrong
I pray to God that it won't be long
Do ya wanna go higher?

There's nothing left to try
There's no place left to hide
There's no greater power
Than the power of goodbye

Your heart is not open so I must go
The spell has been broken, I loved you so
You were my lesson
I had to learn
I was your fortress

There's nothing left to lose
There's no more heart to bruise
There's no greater power
Than the power of goodbye

Learn to say goodbye
I yearn to say goodbye

There's nothing left to try
There's no more places left to hide
There's no greater power
Than the power of goodbye

There's nothing left to lose
There's no more heart to bruise
There's no greater power
Than the power of goodbye

Power of Goodbye Video:
mms://wm.wbr.com/madonna/instavid/16_469853_19.Asf (Paste into Windows Media Player) --courtesy of http://allaboutmadonna.com

And I'm so happy! I finally figured out how to make screen caps from Quicktime vids!












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home