Broken Secrets

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Mood: Calm
Reading: The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Listening: ---
Watching: ---

++Post Start: 11:41pm++

Ok, so it will almost be a week since I went to my first White Sox game of the '06 season. Let me tell you, it was such a wonderful feeling to be back there. I remember when we were trying to find the Cash Only parking lot, we drove right past U.S. Cellular Field and I remember feeling very nostalgic. I was thinking about last year and how we had won the World Series and how crazy it must've been that night on October 26th.

I also remember that after we were let in and we were climbing the huge ramps leading to the upper deck, I saw the first Grinder Rule stenciled into the wall....Grinder Rule #1: Win. Or Die Trying. I just couldn't help but smile. Then, my excitement rose even more when I was able to get peeks through the walls at the World Series banner. Even. More. Awesome.

The game was quite an experience as well, lasting into 11 innings with us coming out on top! I remember jumping up and screaming my head off when Iguchi hit a line shot past the Cleveland first baseman, scoring Pablo Ozuna and the winning run from second.

The Intro Video....the fireworks...actually getting to see the players on the field..it's something I'll never forget. U.S. Cellular Field is still one of the places I'd love to revisit again.

++Post End: 11:50pm++